Treatment focuses on helping people to live a meaningful and fulfilled life. OT can assist children and adults with various needs improving their cognitive, physical, and motor skills and enhance their self-esteem and sense of accomplishment. OT addresses psychological, social, and environmental factors that can affect functioning. At Bower-Jacquard Psychological Services Ltd a client/family centered approach and evidence based/best practice interventions OT is used to maximize participation in home, school, and community activities.
Occupational Therapy offers services to children and adults experiencing a wide variety of needs, including:
- Sensory Integration concerns
- Difficulty touching certain textures, sensitivity to sound, light, clumsiness, poor balance
- Motor and coordination concerns
- Difficulty with letter, number and shape formation and/or recognition
- Difficulty using tools such as scissors, fork, spoon, knife, pencil grasp
- Difficulty reading or copying from the board
- Eating, dressing or toileting concerns
- Difficulty socially interacting with peers
- Difficulty with organization and following steps
- Delayed acquisition of developmental milestones
- Positional and seating concerns
- Attention, concentration and memory
- Energy conservation management
- Relaxation/stress reduction techniques
Therapy offered by our psychologists, clinical social workers (CSW) and registered counsellors (RCT) is intended to help people improve and maintain their mental health and well-being. We work with individuals (children and adults), couples and families in individual and group settings. At Bower Jacquard Psychological Services Ltd our clinicians have a wide range of training, including but not limited to CBT, EMDR, CPT, DBT, Solutions Focused Therapy, ACT, and more to treat a wide range of challenges such as:
- Attachment Disorders
- Parenting Issues
- Learning and Behaviour Problems
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Adjustment Problems
- Family Therapy
- Couple’s Therapy
- Coping Strategies
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness Training
- Stress Management
- Workplace Issues
- Depression, Pain and Health Problems
- Identity Issues
- Social Skills Training
- Domestic Violence and Trauma
At Bower Jacquard Psychological Services Ltd we offer a wide range of assessments to support clients in identifying needs to provide an opportunity to enhance their mental health and well-being. Assessments can be tailored to the need of the client. Common assessments include:
- Psycho-educational/Learning Disability – to identify cognitive and academic strengths and challenges and to determine if the criteria is met for a learning disability
- ADHD assessments for Children and Adults – to identify if the criteria is met and to identify what supports may be helpful.
- Mental Health Assessments can help the client identify and determine how to best address concerns. This type of assessment may include assessing cognitive skills, academic skills, oral language skills, social skills, behavioural issues, and emotional development to identify what resources and supports may help enhance mental health and assist in obtaining supports.
- Substance Use Needs – to help identify the substance use patterns and what type of treatment may be helpful.
- Other assessments can be considered.
At Bower Jacquard Psychological Services Ltd we offer a wide range of groups, including sleep – CBT-i, CPT, Coping skills, developing mental resiliency, and more. Group work can be an effective way to address some challenges. If you are interested in attending a group please contact us at 902-678-6572 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.