Speech and Language services are provided by a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP). Our SLP provides individualized evaluation and treatment to children and adults to help improve their overall communication skills. We use a client/family-centred approach and evidence-based/ best practice interventions.
Speech and language assessment and/or treatment is offered to children and adults with
a wide variety of communication needs, including:
Speech Delays and Disorders
- Articulation/Phonology – the way we say our speech sounds
- Motor speech disorders – difficulty planning, coordinating or executing movements needed to say our speech sounds
Language Delays and Disorders
- Infant/Toddler language development
- Expressive Language – difficulty using language
- Comprehension/Receptive Language – difficulty understanding language
- Pragmatic Language – social communication skills or the way we speak to each other
Fluency Disorders – stuttering
Voice and Resonance Disorders – Problems with the way the voice sounds, such as hoarseness
Pre-Literacy and Literacy Skills – Phonological awareness, decoding, reading comprehension, writing
Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) – Using alternate communication methods to supplement or replace verbal speech or writing
Communication disorders related to other issues – e.g., hearing impairments, traumatic brain injury, stroke, autism spectrum disorders, developmental, intellectual or genetic disorders and neurological impairments.